Norman Reedus is one of the biggest TV stars in the world after playing Daryl Dixon in global phenomenon The Walking Dead for seven series.
He’s now been given his own travel series by AMC, Ride with Norman Reedus, which returns for its second season on Wednesday November 15th at 9pm on AMC - exclusive to BT customers.
Ahead of the new episodes, check out these 8 surprising facts about the actor, bike enthusiast and zombie fighter.
1. Norman’s fanbase are notorious for their dedication ("Daryl dies, we riot”" and unusual gifts. The actor at one stage had three rooms in a New York apartment, filled with Daryl related-presents.
Some of the more unsual items included a breast implant and a bag of squirrel meat.
2. Norman is a fan of the open road, but he was lucky to be alive in 2005 after he was in a car accident in Berlin.
He has a titanium eye socket as a result of the crash, which in his own words left his head “like a hamburger”. His car had been hit by an 18-wheeler truck and he initially believed his acting career was over.
3. The actor once modelled for Prada, but he claims that he had never heard of the fashion brand. In fact during one night shoot he was handed a Prada sweater and used it to mop up a spilled drink and threw it away. "I looked around the room and everyone was gasping,” he recalled.
4. Norman believed that his name was Mark for the first 13 years of his life. It was only when he saw his passport that he realized that his real first name was Norman – the same as his father – and Mark was his middle name. He changed it back to Norman because it felt like.
5. The Walking Dead star was a tennis prodigy. He trained at some of the best academies in the US and alongside a young Andre Agassi. He claims that he didn’t have the drive for the sport and would often just play with soccer shoes and a toy racquet.
6. The actor probably picked up the biking and travel bug as a kid, when he frequently moved home around the world.
At various points he lived in Texas, Florida, California, Colorado, Tokyo and Spain, before he settled in LA and got his break in acting.
7. Norman also lived in the UK briefly, residing in South London for a while when on his travels.
"I love the UK! I used to live in Tooting Bec for a second… at the end of the Northern line near Clapham Common,” he said. “I used to go to that park all the time. I have a lot of friends there, I really like it. I’ve always really liked the culture and history and the architecture and people. It’s one of my favourite places. I hope to be there soon.”
8. It’s probably best not to ask Norman too cook you a meal. In an interview with US Weekly, he confessed that he only recently purchased a microwave and that his culinary skills didn’t go beyond the George Foreman grill.
Ride with Norman Reedus season 2 premieres on on AMC, BT TV channel 332/381 HD. BT TV customers can also watch on the BT Player and BT TV app.
BT Sport Pack subscribers can also watch on Sky Guide channel 192.