Strictly Come Dancing 2018: Latest news, songs and routines, scoreboard and spoilers

Everything you need to know about the BBC One dance contest.

Strictly Come Dancing 2018 is well underway and Katie Piper became the third celebrity eliminated from the series on Sunday evening (October 14th).

The Seann Walsh and Katya Jones kiss scandal has brought more attention to the show than ever before and has arguably overshadowed the action on the dancefloor so far this series. Catch up here with everything that's been happening on series 16 of the show so far..

[Read more: Strictly 2018 - who are the pros?]

Katie Piper - OUT

Stacey Dooley

Stacey Dooley - 33

Claudia Winkleman

Strictly Week 4 Routines

Seann Walsh and Katya Jones: Charleston to 'Bills' by Lunchmoney Lewis

Katie Piper and Gorka Marquez: Jive to 'Why Do Fools Fall In Love' by Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers.

Ashley Roberts and Pasha Kovalev: Tango to Taylor Swift's 'Look What You Made Me Do'.

Lauren Steadman and AJ Pritchard: Quick Step to 'If You're Over Me' by Yours and Years.

Stacey Dooley and Kevin Clifton: Foxtrot to Jeff Beck's 'Hi Ho Silver Lining'.

Faye Tozer and Giovanni Pernice: Rumba to Sia's 'Chandelier'.

Kate Silverton and Aljaz Skorjanec: Samba to 'Africa' by Toto.

Vick Hope and Graziano di Prima: Quickstep to 'Can't Hurry Love' by Diana Ross and the Supremes.

Danny John-Jules and Amy Dowden: Viennese waltz to the Sammy Davis Jr song 'I've Gotta Be Me'.

Dr Ranj Singh aand Janette Manrara: Paso Doble to 'Cancion del Mariachi' by Los Lobos.

Charles Venn and Karen Clifton: Salsa to 'Use It Up and Wear It Out' by Odyssey.

Graeme Swann and  Oti Mabuse: Jive to the classic Queen song 'Don't Stop Me Now'.

Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell: Cha Cha to 'Just Got Paid' by Sigala feat. Ella Eyre and Meghan Trainor.

Latest Headlines

Strictly Come Dancing - Sean and Katya

Third celebrity eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Arlene Phillips: Strictly is not a hotbed of lust >

Strictly fans divided over Seann Walsh survival >

Ex-Strictly star: Walsh and Jones should not have apologised on TV >

Strictly Seann and Katya apologise after being caught kissing >

Strictly Sean and Katya will do 'Dance of Shame', says Craig Revel Horwood >

Shirley Ballas will not judge private lives of Sean and Katya >

2018 cast: The 15 celebrity dancers

Susannah Constantine - Partnered with Anton Du Beke

Susannah Constantine

Fashion journalist and TV presenter Susannah Constantine is the 15th and final celebrity to be announced for Strictly 2018.

Known for her fashion faux pas series What Not to Wear with Trinny Woodall, she became a household name in style advice and also had success in the US, where she and Trinny have appeared regularly on The Oprah Winfrey Show to share their tips.

The pair have published various style guides that are estimated to have sold more than 2.5 million copies, and in 2017 Susannah published her acclaimed debut novel, After the Snow. She is currently writing the sequel which is due out in 2019.

Susannah was confirmed to be taking part in Strictly when she appeared on Good Morning Britain with fellow contestant Charles Venn.

What she said?

I can’t wait to be Strictlified - that’s part and parcel of the show. Seeing how all the clothes are made, I’m obsessed with the whole design. It’s like being made a couture wardrobe, everything is made to measure and those girls are incredible. The way they can manipulate your body with the shapes and sequins, frills, and re-proportion your body and make it look okay.

Eliminated in Week 2

"You’ve got to know your limitations in life," said Susannah Constantine. "You've got to know what you’re good at and I’m not good at dancing.

"So, I will probably focus on the things that I am good at."

Constantine and Anton Du Beke performed their Foxtrot to They Can't Take That Away From Me by Frank Sinatra, but it was not enough to impress the judges.

Du Beke said: "It’s just all too brief, I have had the most fabulous time with Susannah, she is going to be a great loss to the show. Sadly someone’s got to go."

[Read more: All the celebs hit by the Strictly curse]

Charles Venn - Partnered with Karen Clifton

Charles Venn

The final male celebrity to be confirmed for the series, Charles Venn was revealed as a contestant on Good Morning Britain alongside Susannah Constantine.

Charles, aka Chucky, is best known to viewers for playing Jacob Masters in Casualty, a show which has produced many a Strictly contestant over the years.

He also starred in EastEnders as Ray Dixon, Dream Team as Curtis Alexander, and Footballers' Wives as Tremaine Gidigbi.

What he said:

I’d like to think I’ve got rhythm. In terms of rating my dancing, I would say I’m probably a 6, still 4 more to go! Between a 5 and a 6 I’d give myself.

My biggest challenge will be mastering the steps, memorising them. Hopefully from learning scripts that’ll put me in good stead but I take nothing for granted and this is completely different for me

Lauren Steadman - Partnered with AJ Pritchard

Lauren Steadman

The One Show revealed yet another contestant when they announced that Paralympic athlete Lauren Steadman would be joining the line-up.

Lauren is a double World Champion Paratriathlete, a Paralympic silver medallist and a six times European Champion, and switched her sport from swimming to triathlon after the London games in 2012.

She has a busy September ahead as she will also be defending her World Champion title on Australia's Gold Coast just a week before Strictly begins.

Lauren was born missing her lower right arm, but told The One Show that she wasn't planning on using a prosthetic for Strictly as she doesn't usually wear one for sport.

What she said:

I think Strictly, for me, has always been a chance to learn something new, not necessarily make a fool of yourself but just go out there with no pressure and learn a new skill. Obviously dance with a partner and I just love the fact that with Strictly, the whole country gets behind you and it’s more of a family and a community. It’s been my favourite TV show since I was a little girl. Every Saturday night I’d sit down with Mum and Dad with our dinner and watch it and I always thought ‘wow’. I suppose every little girls says ‘I wish I could dance like that’ so that sparked it and then it actually became something that might be possible.

Lee Ryan - Partnered with Nadiya Bychkova

Lee Ryan

Lee Ryan is the 12th celebrity contestant confirmed for the brand new series of Strictly Come Dancing. He revealed he was taking part during an appearance on Loose Women.

Lee says: "I'm so excited to be joining this year’s Strictly line-up. It is a real honour for me and I can’t wait to get out on the dance floor.”

Lee Ryan is most well-known for being a part of super successful boy band Blue and more recently playing EastEnders bad-boy Woody Woodward.

Lee rose to fame in the early 2000s as part of boyband Blue along with Simon Webbe, Antony Costa and Duncan James. The band had three UK number one albums and sold 16 million records worldwide. After a six-year hiatus they reunited in 2011 to represent the UK in the Eurovision song contest with their track I Can, coming 11th in the competition. Since taking part in the 2013 show The Big Reunion (ITV) they have released a further two albums, Roulette and Colours.

During his time away from the band, Lee embarked on a solo singing career, his self-titled album charting at number six in the UK charts in 2005. In 2017 fans were sent into a frenzy when Lee made his EastEnders debut playing bad-boy 'Woody' Woodward. He played the role for just over a year and went on to receive the 2017 Inside Soap Award nomination for Best Newcomer.

What he said:

I did learn dance at Italia Conti when I was young but it was never my favourite class. I used to sneak out and wait for the singing lessons! I asked my son Rain if I am good dancer, he said no…

Eliminated in Movies Week

Speaking after he lost the dance off to Charles Venn and Karen Clifton, he said: "I love these guys. I absolutely love every single one of them. There’s so much love in everyone. It’s been a memory that I will treasure for the rest of my life."

Nadia Bychkova said: "Just stay the way you are because you’re such an amazing person and I love you so much."

Kate Silverton - Partnered with Aljaž Skorjanec

Kate Silverton

The BBC News anchor has been announced as the 10th celebrity contestant on this year's Strictly Come Dancing. Commenting on the show to The One Show presenters Alex Jones and Rory Reid, she said she had no talent for dancing. Silverton is the latest BBC news anchor to take up the Strictly challenge, after former breakfast show hosts Bill Turnbull, Susanna Reid and Naga Munchetty.

What she said:

When asked in previous years I have either been away reporting from Iraq and then Afghanistan or raising a young family so the time was not right for me personally or career wise. This year felt perfect and a wonderful interlude to my work in news and journalism.

I feel absolutely liberated and gleeful about it. It is wonderfully beyond my comfort zone. The nearest thing would be having done Children in Need with my fellow newsreaders - and I remember how nervous we all got about doing that so this will be magnified a thousand times! But life should be nothing if not an adventure and I am looking forward to embracing the experience.

Seann Walsh - Partnered with Katya Jones

Seann Walsh

Funnyman Seann Walsh was unveiled alongside Silverton on BBC’s The One Show. Walsh described his previous dancing experience as “jumping up and down until two in the morning”.

The 32-year-old is known for appearing in ITV sitcom Bad Move alongside Jack Dee, and he recently made his US television debut on Conan O’Brien’s talk show.

What he said:

I’m taking part in Strictly because I think it would be absolutely amazing to come out of something having learnt a skill and with the way I am, when I’m not doing stand-up I tend to just sit there and watch television or go to the pub with my mates so this is the way to go. For me to become a fully formed adult I want to do more things like this. After Strictly Come Dancing I want Strictly Come Cooking and then Strictly Come Spanish, Strictly Come Guitar, Strictly Come Driving - do you know what I mean?

Ashley Roberts - Partnered with Pasha Kovalev

Ashley Roberts

The former Pussycat Doll and I'm a Celebrity finalist has been signed up for the 2018 series, confirming the news on BBC Radio 2's breakfast show with Chris Evans.

Her dance experience with The Pussycat Dolls should make her an early favourite to win the series.

She was previously a judge on Dancing on Ice for two series and took park in Channel 4 reality series The Jump. She also co-presented Saturday Night Takeaway for three years.

What she said:

Well the show is obviously amazing! I’m excited to put on the costumes, get glammed up and become characters. And also to learn a part of dance that I’ve never learned before and just have fun!

I do have rhythm which is always a bonus and I think I’ll be able to pick it up well but it’s just really understanding the weight and the movement and the style and having the guy lead is just foreign to me because we did choreographed pieces and what I’ve done in the Dolls was booty popping and I don’t know if there’s booty pops in the Tango!

Stacey Dooley - Partnered with Kevin Clifton

Stacey Dooley

Documentary maker Stacey Dooley was revealed as the latest Strictly contestant in an Instagram story that gave clues to her identity.

Stacey is known for her investigative work for BBC Three on subjects such as sweatshops, child soldiers, and sex workers, and has been awarded an MBE for services to broadcasting.

The 31-year-old first became famous when she took part in the 2008 documentary Blood, Sweat and T-shirts as one of a group of keen young shoppers who travelled to India to see how the cheap garments they bought were made, but her shock and interest in labour laws around the world led to her being offered her own series.

What she said:

I know it’s a bit of a cliché but I have always loved the show. I think it’s brilliant that it’s something the whole family can be involved with and also you’re learning a genuine skill. My work is so heavy and it’s quite hard-core and it can be quite harrowing at times, Strictly is total escapism. A real treat in that sense, dancing and enjoying myself and not have to be too earnest or too straight and just celebrate that side of me.

The thing about my dancing is, I actually think I’m magnificent. I think I really look the part. Everyone else around me is like ‘You’ve got to be joking. You’re so erratic, really over the top and you’ve got no rhythm whatsoever’ so it’s a bit of a split jury. We’ll soon see.

Dr Ranj Singh - Partnered with Janette Manrara

Dr Ranj Singh

TV medical expert Dr Ranj Singh confirmed that he would be stepping onto the Strictly dancefloor during This Morning, where he has a regular slot doling out health advice to viewers.

In his work as an NHS doctor, he mainly treats children and young people, and you may recognise him from his CBeebies programme Get Well Soon where he explains different health issues from the Evelina Children’s Hospital with the help of puppets.

Dr Ranj has also appeared on the TV series Save Money: Good Health, and in July he was promoted from his role as resident doctor on This Morning for an episode, when he took over as presenter.

What he said:

I am a geek. I like to study and study things until I get it right and I’m hoping that attention to detail in learning will help me pick stuff up but what I’ve learned is that learning movement is totally different to learning information so I don’t know what it’s going to be like, I really don’t.

Graeme Swann - Partnered with Oti Mabuse

Graeme Swann

The 39-year-old former England cricketer revealed he was going into Strictly on BBC Radio 2. He claims his biggest fear was getting his chest dancefloor-ready.

He said: "I’m worried about waxing my chest. It gives me cold sweats just thinking about it. It takes me two days just to take a plaster off in the bath. I’ve got the lowest pain threshold ever."

Graeme, who also played for Nottinghamshire, retired in 2013 and began commentating for the BBC's Test Match Special the following year.

What he said:

If I’m honest I hope to win it! I’m not going to go into a competition unless I’m going in to win it. I’m a sportsman. You won’t find sportsmen doing anything they don’t think they can win.

[Read more: 10 things you need to know about Graeme Swann]

Vick Hope - Partnered with Graziano Di Prima

Vick Hope

The Capital FM DJ used her own breakfast show to announce that she would be joining Strictly.

Vick, 28, is a Cambridge graduate who you may have seen on the engineer gameshow Carnage, 4Music, MTV, Disney Channel, BT Sport or ITN.

She's co-hosted the Capital FM breakfast show with Roman Kemp since 2017.

[Read more: 5 things you need to know about Vick Hope]

Writing on her personal website, Vick said: "Newcastle-Nigerian-bred, Cambridge-educated and London-living, it feels like a lot has happened in a comparatively short career: A year spent in Buenos Aires writing for a national newspaper led to climbing into the tellybox at MTV, which whisked me on to some incredible experiences in entertainment news reporting and TV production on both sides of the camera, before landing at ITN as one of their youngest reporters.

"En-route I’ve been dubiously trusted to harass…sorry, interview… the biggest names in the biz, from Justin Timberlake to Harrison Ford and Kate Winslet, and somewhere along the way I started presenting coverage of the beautiful game. The journey continues."

What she said:

I love dancing, it makes me really happy. I’m not professionally trained or anything, I did a bit of contemporary when I was younger which has nothing to do with latin or ballroom. I used to pretend to be a tree or a rock and express myself experimentally. When I go to a club I don’t think there’s a happier place than when you’re dancing and feeling the music.

When you’re younger you are constantly learning and then you grow up and you stop learning because you have a job and a routine. Learning is so stimulating and exciting and it’s a real privilege to learn something and get my teeth stuck into this.

Joe Sugg - Partnered with Dianne Buswell

Joe Sugg

YouTube sensation Joe Sugg was announced on the BBC Radio 1 Breakfast show as the next contestant to join Strictly.

The 26-year-old internet star is the brother of famous vlogger Zoella and his YouTube channels, which have 8.2 million fans, specialise in gaming, pranks and impressions. He also wrote the hit graphic novel series Username: Evie.

[Read more: Joe Sugg can't wait to wear Cuban heels]

Joe said: “I'm honestly so chuffed to be involved in the show this year! Not going to lie, I'm very nervous about it, it's totally out of my comfort zone and I know it will be a huge challenge but that's what life is all about I guess."

What he said

I'm taking part in Strictly because I have been doing YouTube for six years now and I love it, to me it’s the best job in the world but I love a challenge. And I can’t dance, my dancing skills aren’t great at the moment but I’m excited to learn a new skill.

I wrote out a big list of the pros of doing the show and it was quite a long list, and there were lots of good points - especially knowing my mates and family would love it. Especially my grandparents, because they’re just obsessed with the show. It would make them really proud, I think, to see me go on there and give it a go.

Faye Tozer - Partnered with Giovanni Pernice

Faye Tozer

The former Steps star was the first celebrity dancer announced by The One Show, joining Katie Piper for this year’s line-up.

Faye, 42, is sure to come in for the traditional complaints about already having dance experience as part of the pop group known for their routines, but was quick to squash any critics by telling Matt Baker and Alex Jones “I think you’ll find a few of us have (dance experience) this time.”

As well as topping the charts in the 90s and 00s, Faye has starred in stage shows including Singing in the Rain, and Tell Me on a Sunday.

What she said:

I’ve wanted to take part in Strictly forever and it’s just an absolute dream come true! It’s something that I always wanted to do. Last year, Steps came and did the Halloween special and that just spurred me on even more.

I was on holiday in Portugal and I was just walking down the street with my husband, got the phone call and I literally bawled my eyes out, I was in shock. I was so amazed and so over the moon. It was brilliant, absolutely wonderful.

I think I’d say that I’m a pretty good dancer. I’m very well known for throwing a few shapes with Steps anyway but I’ve never done any ballroom or latin and looking back on past videos and YouTube and things like that, it is a really specific thing so I’m ready to give it my all and give it a go.

[Read more: 10 things you need to know about Faye Tozer]

Danny John-Jules partnered with Amy Dowden

Danny John-Jules

Faye’s One Show announcement was closely followed by the unveiling of the first male celebrity to join Strictly 2018 – Danny John-Jules.

The actor is best known for his roles as Cat in the sitcom Red Dwarf, and as policeman Dwayne Myers in Death in Paradise. He has also appeared in Maid Marian and Her Merry Men, and The Tomorrow People.

Danny’s previous dance experience includes having played a dancer in The Great Muppet Caper, and his One Show announcement also featured footage of him in a Wham! video.

The 57-year-old actor confessed the competition was "already nerve-wracking" after his unveiling on The One Show.

What he said:

I’m a fan of dance full stop. I started dancing in nightclubs and did a few dance classes to be better than the guys in the clubs. A lot of club dancers did that and went on to be professional dancers.

When I was in a local drama group in a church hall I was in the world disco dancing championships in the Hammersmith Apollo. That was the only competition I ever did and I came second or third.

Katie Piper partnered with Gorka Marquez - Eliminated Week 4

Katie Piper

TV presenter Katie Piper was the first celebrity contestant to be announced for Strictly Come Dancing 2018.

She appeared on BBC Breakfast to confirm that she would be donning her dance shoes and sequins come September for the 16th series, although she claimed not to know who any of her rivals would be.

[Read more: Katie Piper unveiled as first Strictly 2018 contestant]

Katie, a mum of two, said that her dream pro partner would be Giovanni Pernice and that the celebs this year are all referred to by secret code names of cheeses to stop their names being leaked in advance. Her codename was Brie.

The TV star was the victim of an acid attack carried out by her ex-boyfriend and an accomplice. She later made an award-winning documentary about the groundbreaking surgery she underwent to rebuild her face.

She has appeared on programmes including This Morning, The Secret Millions, and Hotel GB, as well as hosting Channel 4's Bodyshockers, and has published a number of books about her experiences.

What she said:

I think it’s a totally new challenge. It’s something I’ve never done before and its totally new territory and I really believe in pushing yourself and taking on new challenges. Probably mainly because it’s actually fun and I’m so excited to do something that I’m excited about, and excited to talk about and I’m going to learn something new. No matter how far I get I’ll notice a big change in myself that will continue after the show.

Eliminated in Week 4

Piper, who came bottom of the leaderboard with 18 points, said: "I have taken a lot from this experience and it has all been really positive, and I’ll never forget this journey.

"Charles (Venn) was the better dancer out of us two and there are some brilliant dancers in this competition and sadly I don’t think I was one of them.

"But I have had a great experience you know, and I feel really privileged to have been here and thanks for your advice and thank you [Gorka] for all the hours.

"One thing as well all the public not just the audience here but the general public have been so supportive online and have voted for me the other weeks so I feel thrilled to have been here for four weeks. So thank you to everyone."

Strictly Come Dancing: Who are the previous winners?

2004 - Natasha Kaplinsky and Brendan Cole
2012 - Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace
2013  Abbey Clancy and Aljaž Škorjanec
2014 - Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev
2015 - Jay McGuiness and Aliona Vilani
2016 - Ore Oduba and Joanne Clifton
2017 - Joe McFadden and Katya Jones

Strictly Come Dancing: Who are the presenters?

Tess Daly will be back for her 16th series and will be joined by Claudia Winkleman for her fifth series on the main show.

Zoe Ball is also back on BBC Two spin-off series It Two Two, every weeknight in the autumn.

Strictly Come Dancing: Who are the professional dancers?

The full line-up of professional dancers has been confirmed - including three new dancers, Graziano Di Prima, Johannes Radebe and Luba Mushtuk.

However, Brendan Cole has revealed that he will not be returning after being axed by the BBC. If Anton Du Beke returns, he will be the only remaining pro dancer from the first series.

[Read more: How to get tickets for Strictly Come Dancing]

Strictly Come Dancing: When is it back?

The 16th series will start in September on BBC One with the Strictly Come Dancing Launch Show.

Tune in on Saturday, September 8th on BBC One or catch up on BT TV via the BBC iPlayer app.

The Live Shows start at the end of September.