Keeping Up With the Kardashians celebrated its 10th anniversary this year, an incredible feat for the E! series and pop culture phenomenon.
However, the Kardashian clan are not spending too much time looking back and getting fuzzy with nostalgia in 2017 as they’ve just launched their 14th season.
To celebrate the return of the most famous family on TV, here are 14 incredible facts about Keeping Up With the Kardashians:
1. The show’s title was a last-minute addition after they struggled to come up with a name that fitted.
It was only when one exhausted producer came into the office after an exhausting day working with the family and revealed how tiring it was “keeping up” with the clan that the name was born.
2. One working title for the show was The Kardashians: Krazy with a K. We can’t help, but feel the show might not have been as big success with that name.
3. Kourtney Kardashian didn’t want to take part in the show at the start. Kris Jenner signed a deal for the show before speaking with her kids, but didn’t come up against much resistance, except from the oldest Kardashian sibling.
Speaking about the early episodes recently, Kourtney said: “I remember in season one being like, ‘I have to go the bathroom’, and I'd cry in there as quietly as I could because I was still mic'd."
4. The series is broadcast in 167 countries around the world.
5. The show has been E!’s top-rated series since 2010 and has spawned nine spinoffs.
6. The most popular episode of all time was Kim’s ‘fairy-tale’ wedding to Kris Humphries, which pulled in 10.5 million viewers over two nights in 2011. The pair divorced 72 days later.
7. The family have a jaw-dropping combined social media reach of 700-million plus followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. That’s a lot of selfies.
8. In a classic example of Kardashian-excess, Kim Kardashian once owned a Swarosvki-encrusted fridge.
9. E! has aired over 200,000 total minutes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
10. There is enough footage filmed of the family so that we could all watch the show for 150 days straight.
11. Caitlyn Jenner’s appearance on the American version of I’m a Celebrity was key to the show getting made. Kris made a connection with one of the show’s directors who put her in touch with E! mastermind Ryan Seacrest.
12. Ryan Seacrest’s original idea was to match the success of MTV’s The Osbournes, but for an E! audience and demographic.
He told The Hollywood Reporter: “Kris told me what she envisioned, and I said, ‘Let's send a crew to your house and tape some stuff and then we'll take a look at it.’ Then I realized I didn't have a crew; I didn't even have a camera. I had one of the execs buy a camera, and he went and shot them. He called me after and said: "I think we have something special."
13. Over the 14 seasons, we’ve had three weddings, six pregnancy reveals, rehab, family therapy, fertility treatment, necklifts and babies. The camera never stops rolling with the K family and the only time they have ever ceased filming was when Lamar Odom was hospitalised.
14. When you next watch the show, keep an eye out for any jewellery that Kim is wearing. She has claimed that she blow dries all her jewellery before she wears it because she can’t face cold items on her skin.
Brand new Keeping Up With the Kardashians airs on Sundays at 9pm on E!
Watch E! on BT TV channel 321/386 HD.
Photo Credit: PA/Rex/Shutterstock/E!