Ricky Gervais kicks off 2018 with a new original Netflix stand up comedy special, Ricky Gervais: Humanity.
Filmed at the Apollo Hammersmith in London, the Golden Globe and Emmy Award-winning British comedian returns to the stage in London with a scathing special that touches on aging, becoming spoiled, his perspective on having kids and more.
To celebrate the release of the stand-up special, here are some of our favourite caustic and outrageous jokes from the star of The Office and Extras.
1. Where's there's a will – there's a relative.
2. When hosting the Golden Globes: I'm not from these parts. I'm from a little place called England - we used to run the world before you lot.
3. In his Out of England show: 1st of december, World Aids Day....I don't think it'll ever take off like Christmas.
4. On his XFM show: Ebony and Ivory. No more racism now. That one's done.
5. At the Golden Globes: The great thing about the Golden Globes is that it crushes prejudice and stereotypes. A particular stereotype is that Irishmen are drunk, hairy hellraisers. Now please welcome Colin Farrell.
6. At the Golden Globes again: Just looking at all the faces here reminds me of some of the great work that was done this year... by cosmetic surgeons.
7. I like a drink as much as the next man. Unless the next man is Mel Gibson.
8. My greatest hero is Nelson Mandela. What a man. Incarcerated for 25 years, he was released in 1990 and he hasn't reoffended. I think he's going straight, which shows you prison does work.
9. Same sex marriage is not a gay privilege, it's equal rights. Privilege would be something like gay people not paying taxes. Like churches don't.
10. I can have a go at the French because I'm half French, half English. No I am, I'm half French half English and I've got qualities of both, which is good. So I am crap in bed but at least I've got bad breath.
Ricky Gervais: Humanity is streaming now on Netflix.