Steps star Faye Tozer is set to take part in this year’s series of Strictly Come Dancing.
Ahead of her debut on the dancefloor, here are 10 things you need to know about the 42-year-old.
– Tozer had her first taste of the limelight at six when she performed Michael Jackson’s Ben on stage.
– Tozer trained at the Anne Gale School of Dance in Luton where she achieved advanced qualifications in several styles, including ballet, tap and modern.
– The star has said that if she hadn’t found a career on stage she would have liked to do something behind the scenes, such as make-up, costume, set design or even wig-making.
– The singer paid her dues before finding fame in Steps, dancing professionally with a dance troupe and singing at the Hilton Hotel Park Lane in London until she got her big break.
– Tozer’s nickname is “Smiley”.
– In 2002 the singer recorded a duet with opera singer Russell Watson, entitled Someone Like You. It led to a tour of the UK and New Zealand where Tozer sang to an audience of over 140,000 people.
– Tozer made her debut musical theatre tour in Tell Me On A Sunday in 2004 and has gone on to appear in shows such as Love Shack and Saucy Jack And The Space Vixens.
– The pop star married Michael Smith in 2009 and the wedding, held at Beamish Hall in County Durham, was televised for an episode of Celebrity Four Weddings.
– The singer welcomed her son Benjamin in 2009.
– Tozer is a patron of of Josie’s Dragonfly Trust, which works to make a difference in the lives of young cancer patients with limited time.