The TV event of 2019 has arrived in the BT TV Store.
HBO's Game of Thrones: The Final Season is now available for BT TV customers.
After eight years of epic battles, incredible characters and jaw-dropping twists, the biggest TV show of a generation draws to a conclusion with its most thrilling and phenomenal season yet.
Seasons 1-7 are also available in the BT TV Store, so there is still time to catch up on the scheming, swords and Starks. Or you can just watch it all again from the very beginning to relive the drama.
What is Game of Thrones?
An original series based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling 'A Song of Ice and Fire' novels, it follows the battle between the Starks and the other noble families of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros to gain control of the Iron Throne.
From surprising deaths to doomed weddings, via dragons and direwolves, Game of Thrones is a visual masterpiece, which has pushed the boundaries of TV.
How to watch Game of Thrones on the BT Player and BT TV App
1. Visit the BT Player >
2. Visit Film Store or type Game of Thrones in search
3. Choose the season or episode you want and whether you want SD or HD
4. Add in your BT ID and press buy - Enjoy the show in the BT Player, on the BT TV App or on your BT TV box
5. Download the BT TV App and all your BT TV Store purchases will be in the 'My TV' section to watch on the go.
How to buy Game of Thrones on your BT TV box
1. Press the BT Player button on your TV remote
2. Scroll across to the TV Store area at the top of your screen
3. Choose the season or episode of Game of Thrones and whether you want SD or HD
4. Press buy, enter your Payment Pin, and enjoy the magic of Game of Thrones
5. You can also watch the show on the BT Player and BT TV App – all your purchases are in the My BT area
(HBO's Game of Thrones: The Final Season - Available to buy now in the BT TV Store)
Three reasons to watch Game of Thrones: The Final season:
1. Who will sit upon the Iron Throne?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." The classic Game of Thrones quote from way back in season 3, was seen by many as an early warning to viewers that this story was never intended to finish with everyone smiling.
The battle for the Iron Throne has already cost the lives of many fan favourite characters and there is no way the current cast will come out of season 8 unscathed.
Fan theories have raged for many years about who would ultimately come out on top – Jon Snow? Cersei? Daenerys? The Night King? – But we’ll finally get the answer at the end of season 8.
2. The battles get super-sized
The extended length of episodes for season 8 will allow them to capture the greatest battles sequences ever filmed.
Fans are eagerly awaiting the Battle of Winterfell, which took a reported 11 weeks of night shoots in rural Ireland to finish, and it is expected that there will be further battles later in the series.
Co-executive producer Bryan Cogman claimed that the scale of the production for season 8 was like nothing ever done before “in television or in a movie.”
"This final face-off between the Army of the Dead and the army of the living is completely unprecedented and relentless and a mixture of genres even within the battle," he told Entertainment Weekly.
"There are sequences built within sequences built within sequences. David and Dan created an amazing puzzle.
"It’s been exhausting but I think it will blow everybody away."
3. You know nothing Jon Snow
The early seasons of Game of Thrones were guided by the novels of George RR Martin, but everyone is going into the final season of Thrones blind.
Plot lines, twists, character returns and exits have all been kept under lock and key by HBO and not a single spoiler has leaked about the eventual fate of the Seven Kingdoms.
For a show that has generated so much online speculation, the real joy about season 8 is that with so many characters and so many connected storylines, nobody really knows how it will all unfold.